Premises Licence

To provide late-night refreshments and regulated entertainment, and sell alcohol, you need a premises licence. 


You can apply for a premises licence online or download an application form.

A copy of your application must be submitted to local responsible authorities.

You must advertise your application on your premises in a location clearly viewable to the public. You must display at least one notice per 50m2 and the notice must be on pale blue paper, with writing being at least font 16. Notices must be on display for 28 clear days. You must also advertise your application in a local newspaper within 10 days of submitting your application.

A, Section 17 premises licence notice template, a Section 34 premises licence variation notice template, a Section 71 club premises Certificate application notice template, and a Section 84 club premises Certificate variation template.

If any representations are made during the 28 day consultation period which cannot be resolved then a Licensing Act Panel hearing will be held to determine whether or not the licence can be granted.

We advise you to read the guidance notes before applying.


View our premises licence fees

Premises licensees

If you currently hold a premises licence you can apply for the following services: