Before applying for private hire drivers licence you must complete the following
- driving assessment with the Blue Lamp Trust
- disability awareness training with Solihull College
- medical assessment with your own GP or any other GMC registered GP
Assessment with the Blue Lamp Trust
You can book your driving or wheelchair assessment online with the Blue Lamp Trust.
The Blue Lamp Trust helpline can be contacted on 0333 700 0157. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 3.00pm.
Once you pass the driving assessment your certificate will be valid for 12 months.
- finding out what a disability is
- understanding your legal obligations
- developing practical guidelines for interacting with disabled people
The course consists of 3 hours classroom based study and a 45 minute test and costs £50. Once you pass the disability course your certificate will be valid for 12 months.
To book a place please call 0121 678 7000.
Medical examinations for new licence applications must be undertaken by the Council’s approved practitioner which is Coventry Road Medical Practice, 2314 Coventry Road, Sheldon, B26 3PG 0121 743 2154. Before the examination, your own GP must complete the medical history form. Please note your own GP may charge you for this.
Completed medicals will be valid for 1 month.