A sex establishment can either be a sex shop or a sex cinema:
- a sex shop is a premises used for business which consists to a significant degree of selling sex articles
- a sex cinema is any premises used for showing of films which are concerned primarily with, or relate to, or are intended to stimulate sexual activity
Your can apply for a sex establishment licence online.
From 1 April 2023:
- SEV (Sexual entertainment venue) application - £3150
- SEV renewal - £1890
- Sex Shop/Cinema application - £3150
- administrative fee - £31.50
Change of licence
You can apply to change a sex establishment licence online.