You require a licence if your business conducts the following:
- cosmetic body piercing (including ear piercing, derma rolling and micro-needling)
- semi-permanent skin colouring (including micro-blading)
To apply please download the relevant application form:
Once an application has been made and your fee has been paid an inspector will undertake an inspection of the premises.
From 1 April 2021:
- £202 for initial registration and the addition of up to 2 persons to the registration certificate
- £41.00 for an additional person or change of person
- £163 for a change of premises
- £16 administrative fee to change a certificate
When applying you will need to be aware of the following byelaws:
- cosmetic piercing
- ear piercing & electrolysis
- semi-permanent skin colouring
- skin piercing registration
You can visit Solihull for Success for a comprehensive range of support and guidance, assisting businesses in achieving regulatory compliance and success.