Temporary Events Notices (or TEN’s), are a way to provide a licence for a small, one-off event where licensable activities are not normally allowed.
There are strict limits concerning TENs which must be adhered to:
- the applicant must be an individual over 18 years of age, applications cannot be accepted from companies or organisations
- the number of people must not exceed 499 at any one time (this includes organisers, stewards, performers etc as well as audience and spectators)
- each event covered by a TEN may last for up to 168 hours (7 days)
Before applying we advise you to read our notes of guidance.
Applications must be submitted no later than 10 working days prior to the event taking place, (Not including the day of submission or the date of the event).
A copy of your application must be sent to:
- Chief Officer of Police, Homer Road, Solihull, B91 3QL
- Environmental Health, Solihull Council, Council House, Manor Square Solihull, West Midlands, B91 3QB
Your copies must be sent at least 10 working days before the commencement of your event (Not including the day of submission or the date of the event).