The CLD team offers a wide variety of twilight, half and full day training packages. These can be purchased as part of a subscribing school’s allocated hours, or as a ‘spot purchase’ where a setting is non-subscribing. Courses offered are aimed at developing understanding, knowledge and skills for staff that work in schools and educational establishments to support pupils with SEND, and in turn, improve outcomes.
Our training courses are a great tool for continuing professional development and have consistently positive feedback:
- “interactive, fun and highly informative. Engaged all staff, teachers and TA's. Also gave excellent strategies/support advice, teaching advice and teaching approaches. Great presentation!”
- “the CLD team representatives that delivered the training were knowledgeable and approachable.”
- “throughout the training session, everything was explained really well.”
- “excellent, informative presentation, providing resources and key strategies for teachers to help identify and support pupils with dyslexia.”
There are many pre-existing training packages on offer, all of which are detailed within our training brochure. Examples include:
- NQT training - supporting pupils with SEND
- developing a Dyslexia Friendly Classroom
- an introduction to Dyspraxia/DCD
- differentiation and Quality First Teaching
- understanding assessment reports etc.
In addition to more standardised training packages, we are also able to provide bespoke training, specifically tailored to the requirements of your school or setting.
Furthermore, the CLD team specialist teachers can provide informal sessions in schools for parents/carers of children with special educational needs on how they can support their child at home, to complement the work being carried out in school.
For further information or to book a training package please email us.