Industrial processes that have the potential to cause pollution are regulated and must be licensed to operate.
We are responsible for issuing permits and inspecting processes that may cause air pollution. The Environment Agency deals with processes that may cause other kinds of pollution.
A list of all permitted processes in Solihull is available on our Public Register.
Getting a permit
You can download a:
- Part B application form - Dry cleaners
- Part B application form - Re spraying of vehicles
- Part B application form - Petrol Stations
- Part B application form - Blending Packing and Use of Bulk Cement
- Part B application form - Mobile crusher
- Part B application form - Roadstone coating
- Part B application form - Other
- Information sheet on installing a large Biomass boiler
- Part B surrender form
- Part B transfer form
- Part B variation notice form
Detailed guidance and information about pollution control is available from DEFRA.