View the latest Library closures and changes to opening hours.
Library services available during COVID-19
The following services are available at all sites:
- Access to the library with unlimited time to browse and sit
- Bookable and/or walk-in PC access for up to 2 hours per session
- Use of memory sticks
- Renewal or replacement of library cards
- General Library stock enquiries
- Loan of up to 10 items for 3 weeks minimum
- Reservations of up to 10 library items
- Photocopying, printing or scanning
- Study space with unlimited time
- Physical newspapers and magazines where available
In-person rhymetimes and storytimes are now running in several libraries, details are on our Events page
Booking is required for some events.
You can also still order books from libraries using our Click and Collect service.
Services not available at the moment:
- Reservations of items on order or not in Solihull stock
- Inter library loans
Visitors are encouraged to wear a face mask or covering, unless exempt, in line with current government guidance.
All visitors are asked to provide contact details on entering the site in line with the government’s Test and Trace requirements.
Our COVID-19 page can help you understand the changes when visiting a library and see what other services are available.
Old Dickens Heath Road
Telephone: 0121 744 6078
- Monday and Tuesday from 2.00pm to 5.00pm
- Wednesday and Friday - closed
- Thursday from 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm
- Saturday from 10.00am to 2.00pm
Regular events are held in the library, booking is necessary for some of these.
You can also view the events at our other libraries.
Please also follow our Facebook page for up-to-date news.
Travelling to the library
The library is near the main shopping street in Dickens Heath.
There is free parking behind the shops and on the street.
Bus routes: A4 stops on Boundary Lane, A5 stops on Tythe Barn Lane