View the latest Library closures and changes to opening hours.
Library services available during COVID-19
The following services are available at all sites:
- Access to the library with unlimited time to browse and sit
- Bookable and/or walk-in PC access for up to 2 hours per session
- Use of memory sticks
- Renewal or replacement of library cards
- General Library stock enquiries
- Loan of up to 10 items for 3 weeks minimum
- Reservations of up to 10 library items
- Photocopying, printing or scanning
- Study space with unlimited time
- Physical newspapers and magazines where available
In-person rhymetimes and storytimes are now running in several libraries, details are on our Events page
Booking is required for some events.
You can also still order books from libraries using our Click and Collect service.
Services not available at the moment:
- Reservations of items on order or not in Solihull stock
- Inter library loans
Visitors are encouraged to wear a face mask or covering, unless exempt, in line with current government guidance.
All visitors are asked to provide contact details on entering the site in line with the government’s Test and Trace requirements.
Our COVID-19 page can help you understand the changes when visiting a library and see what other services are available.
1667-1669 High Street
Telephone: 01564 775840
- Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm
- Wednesday - closed
- Thursday from 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 6.00pm
- Saturday from 10.00am to 1.00pm and also 1.00pm to 3.00pm with the library staffed by the Knowle Society
Regular events are held in the library, booking is necessary for some of these.
You can also view the events at our other libraries.
Please also follow our Facebook page for up-to-date news.
Travelling to the library
Follow the signs to Knowle from Solihull town centre or leave the M42 at junction 5. The library is on the High Street just past the Greswolde Hotel.
There is free parking for up to 2 hours in the pay and display car park at the rear of the library; a ticket is required from the pay and display machine. Turn into the side road next to the hotel and follow the road past the hotel car park to the shoppers' car park.
Bus routes: A3, A3w, A7, A8, 87, 87a, 88, 88a
The nearest railway station is Dorridge, a few minutes' drive away.