As a business owner, you hold responsibility for the buildings you own. Any works undertaken need Building Regulations approval as a result. Ensuring that all buildings are safe for use by employees, workers and customers; an agreed standard promotes accessibility, health and safety and energy conservation.
An often complex process, even for professionals, you can contact us to discuss your plans.
The Planning Portal provides information about Building Regulations in the UK. With guidance for many common projects, it is the best place to find what is required from you. Information provided explains:
- your responsibilities as a business owner
- a guide to planning and building for shops
- advice for a premises change of use
- advice for adverts and signs
- guidance for warehouses and industrial buildings guidance
Use our Building Regulations approval service
Committed to helping firms in Solihull develop in a sustainable and profitable way, we operate a business shaped Building Regulations service. To use our service you can:
- check the fees for Building Regulations approval
- check the approved documents for Building Regulations
- download a full plans application form
- read further information about Building Regulations
- consult the register of building control information
How data is held for a Building Regulations application
As a statutory obligation, we hold a register of all valid Building Regulations applications. All documents and other information submitted are publically available.
This information is used strictly in accordance with The Data Protection Act and in line with the Information Commissioner’s Office Guidance on Planning and Building Regulation Information.
This means that only personal information in the public interest will be used online. As a result, we will remove:
- personal email addresses
- telephone numbers