You need to book an appointment to visit Bickenhill HWRC.
We operate a permit scheme for commercial type vehicle users accessing the site.
The waste you wish to dispose of must be from a Solihull address.
The scheme allows a maximum of 12 visits to the site in any 12 month period from the date of issue.
Only one permit will be issued per household in the 12 month period. Only one permit per vehicle will be issued.
For those who hold a permit, access hours for the site are as follows:
Vehicles which use a permit can only access the site Monday, Wednesday to Saturday from 10.00am to 2.00pm.
On Tuesday’s permit holders can visit the site from 10.00am until 15 minutes before close.
Apply for permit
You can apply by calling 0121 704 8000.
You will need to know your vehicle registration.
You will receive your permit by post within 10 working days. This process may take longer during the pandemic.
Book an appointment
Appointments will be available on a first come, first served basis. Each appointment slot will be for 15 minutes.
Please pre-sort recycling and waste at home for a quick turnaround time to keep yourself safe and to help the site remain on schedule.
We are limiting visits to two per household per week. This is to try to make sure that every household that needs to use this service can book a slot.
- a car with a small trailer in between 6ft (1.83m) and 9ft 6in (2.10m) in length including the tow bar
- a van (cannot be towing a trailer)
- single cab, double cab and king cab pick ups (cannot be towing a trailer)
- any vehicle with 8 seats or more eg mini bus (cannot be towing a trailer)
- 4 x 4 vehicles without rear side windows (cannot be towing a trailer)
- 4 x 4 vehicles with rear side windows towing a trailer
- campervans and campervan conversions
Not accepted on the site
- any commercial waste
- any trailer over 2.10 metres (9ft 6in) including the tow bar
- any vehicle in excess of the weight restriction (3.5 tonnes)
- any vehicle in excess of the height restriction (6ft 9in or 2.05m)
- long wheel based vans, double or twin axle vans
- vans towing a trailer
- single cab, double cab, king cab pick ups towing a trailer
- 4 x 4 vehicle without rear side windows towing a trailer
- any vehicle with 8 seats or more towing a trailer
Commercial waste cannot be taken to Bickenhill Household Waste Recycling Centre.
We won't accept waste from work done by a trader or commercial building company, even if it's from a residential home.