Looking after your bins will help us to save money. You can do this by keeping them in a safe place and putting your house number or name on them.
Get a free replacement
We will replace your items for free if:
- you have moved into an new home that’s not pre-built and there are no bins
- this is your first request for a replacement within 2 years
Any damaged bins will only be replaced if they can no longer be safely used or emptied.
Cost of replacement items
The cost of a new of replacement bin is:
- £32.00 for a brown or green wheelie bin
- £4.00 for a black recycling box
- £24.00 standard black wheelie bin
- £32.00 large black wheelie bin (if you already have a larger bin)
There will also be a £9.00 delivery charge.
If you receive benefits you may receive a 25% discount.
Request a replacement
To request a replacement call 0121 704 8000.
Before we provide your replacement to may visit your property to check your current containers.
We may on occasion provide refurbished bins.
Did you know that we will collect extra recycling if it is placed out at the side of your brown bin? Extra recycling can be placed in sturdy plastic boxes (similar to the black box), hessian bags or jute bags for life.
To make the most of the space in your brown bin:
- Squash plastic bottles
- Break and fold cardboard down
- Rinse all your food containers
You can request an extra brown bin by calling 0121 704 8000
Before applying please consider if you are making full use of our recycling service. By recycling more you could make a huge reduction in the waste you throw out. If you need any help check what we collect or use the A to Z at RecycleNow.
You can apply for a larger bin if you:
- Are a family of six or more permanently living at the same address
- Have a medical condition that causes additional waste
You can apply for additional sacks that can be placed alongside your black wheelie bin or purple sacks if you:
- Are a household of four people permanently living at a property with more than one child in nappies
- Are a household of five people permanently living at a property with a child in nappies
If your household meets the criteria for children in nappies we will only provide extra sacks in place of a larger bin.
You can place one sack out for collection every week for 12 months. We will not provide extra sacks.
If you have moved into a newly built house or flat your developer will need to contact us about providing your bins. Our developer guide explains how bins are provided for newly built homes.
We do not provide a clinical waste collection service.
If you need help with clinical waste please speak to your doctor’s surgery or local pharmacy.