We aim to deliver high quality services with you, the customer, at the heart of everything we do. However, sometimes we may not meet the standards we set ourselves and that you expect.
Some services have a separate complaints procedure:
- Access to information
- Adult social services (including complaints about Adults Social Care Finance)
- Children's services
- Councillors (including town and parish Councillors)
- Housing - Solihull Community Housing (SCH) are an Arm’s Length Management Organisation (ALMO)
- All other Council services
We welcome your feedback so that we can learn and improve.
Complaints procedure and strategies
We register your complaint and pass it to a member of staff from the relevant service area to investigate. They may contact you to talk about your complaint in more detail and will try to solve your problem in a maximum of 30 working days.
If you’re unhappy with the result of stage 1 please contact us by email at email@example.com or call 0121 704 8005 within 20 working days of our response, explaining why you are still unhappy and what you would like to happen.
We'll ask the service areas Head of Service to look at your complaint again and check we've done everything we can to try to solve your problem. We aim to reply within 10 working days however when a complaint is more complex this can be extended to 20 working days.
The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO) investigates complaints about local authorities and is independent of the Council.
If you remain dissatisfied after completing the Council’s complaints procedure, you can contact the LGSCO.
The LGSCO encourages local settlement of complaints wherever possible.
They can be contacted at www.lgo.org.uk.
- Corporate Complaints, Compliments and Customer Feedback Policy
- Annual Corporate Complaint and Compliment Report 2022/2023
- Solihull Community Housing Complaints Policy
You can find housing policies at the Solihull Community Housing complaints page.