Insurance claims for property damage

Making a claim

We are aware of an issue when you may receive a message stating "Action denied" when you submit your claim.

Even though you may receive this error your claim will still reach us. You can double check your information has been submitted by contacting us at

We are currently working on a fix for this problem and apologise for any inconvenience

Making a claim on your mobile

We do not recommend making your claim using a mobile as our form may not work with your device.

If your property or vehicle has been damaged your claim must tell us why you hold Solihull Council or Solihull Community Housing responsible for the incident.

If you're a solicitor acting on a client's behalf, please note that Solihull Council is not registered on the personal injury portal. Please ensure that all low value injury claims against the Council or Solihull Community Housing are submitted through the portal by entering our portal ID: D00019

Please ensure the correct defendant details are used as either Solihull Council or Solihull Community Housing Ltd.  You may send a copy of your CNF to

Information you need to provide

You'll be asked to provide the following information as part of your claim:

Personal details

Name, address, email and contact number.

Incident details

Time, date and exact location using static landmarks, such as house numbers, lamppost numbers or road junctions and your direction of travel.

Describe what happened and include photographs of the cause of the damage and the surrounding area to help identify the exact location. You must also confirm or deny any previous knowledge of the defect.

If you believe the cause of your injury is still a risk you must report this separately:

Description of damage and repairs needed

Tell us what damage was sustained and how exactly it was caused. Photographs of the damage should be provided along with a full copy of the invoice for repairs, or two estimates if they have not yet been carried out.

If the damage is to a relatively new tyre please provide a copy of the original receipt or invoice, or we may have to make a deduction for wear and tear if we subsequently accept responsibility.

Vehicle related claims

You must include a copy of your MOT certificate if the car is over 3 years old, including any advisory notice at the time of the test. We’ll also need a copy of the most recent service invoice or schedule. 

We’ll need to see proof that the driver of the vehicle was correctly insured at the time of the incident.

How to submit your claim

You can submit your claim online, and attach supporting evidence such as photographs and other documentation we need. Please ensure that the total size of any uploads does not exceed 10MB.

You can post your evidence if preferred - there are instructions how to do this at the appropriate point in the claim form.

Submit your claim online

Your information

Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data.

This information will be used as part of the National Fraud Initiative data matching exercise.