Young carers (aged 5-18) and young adult carers (16-25) provide regular unpaid emotional or physical support to someone at home who has:
- a physical disability
- mental health needs
- a long term / terminal illness
- a sensory impairment
- a learning Disability
- issues with drugs or alcohol.
Solihull Young Carers (part of Carers Trust Solihull) are here to help.
- provide one-to-one support, information and advice
- support children with school issues, including homework
- organise local groups, activities, days out and holidays
- arrange practical help at home and breaks from caring
- make sure young carers’ voices are heard (advocacy)