Coventry City Council, Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council and Warwickshire County Council have a joint E-Tendering system, CSW-JETS, and is the place where all three authorities advertise the majority of their tendering.
Our colleagues in Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council, Rugby Borough Council, North Warwickshire Borough Council, Warwick District Council, Stratford District Council and Solihull Community Housing are also using the CSW-JETS portal to advertise their tender opportunities.
This means that for the first time, there is a single point of access for the majority of Local Government tendering opportunities throughout the Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire sub-region. The benefits for you are:
- Single point of access
- Single registration to access tendering opportunities in multiple authorities
- Automatic alerts to tendering opportunities appropriate to your organisation
- Electronic processes making it easier and more cost effective for you to participate
We would encourage you to register and view our tenders by visiting CSW-JETS. To assist you, please download the step by step supplier guide Invitation to Tender (ITT)
Invitation to Tender (ITT)
In our tenders, the Invitation to Tender (ITT) pack will contain:
Part 1 – Instructions to Tenderers: including the closing date, return method, evaluation criteria and specification.
Part 2 – Terms and Conditions of Contract
Part 3 – Tender Response: the tender questionnaire to determine:
- the financial position of your company
- Your company’s experience and technical capability
- Company formation details and references
- Any other relevant experience
It is essential that all instructions, specifications and conditions are read carefully. For reference, you can view our current conditions for:
- Standard contract conditions for goods, services and related works below £50,000
- Standard contract conditions for goods, services and related works above £50,000
- Standard contract conditions for goods, services and related works below £10,000
The tender documents we send out contain full details of our requirements and describe how to complete and return your bid. Follow the steps below to maximize your opportunity to be successful:
- Carefully read the advert, specification, ITT and any other documentation attached to the tender and be clear about how, when and where to return your bid
- Provide all information requested and supporting evidence; but don’t send us anything we have not asked for.
- Answer all questions clearly and fully
- Don’t leave it until the last minute to submit your bid; if you are having problems contact us well in advance of the closing date/ time.
- If you are unsure, send us a Clarification query as instructed in the tender documents
- Do not request meetings to discuss your submission as this is against Public Contract Regulations 2015
- Sign and Date all documentation where instructed
- If you are an existing supplier to the council, don’t assume that we know your capabilities. We can only assess your tender based on what the information you include so tell us how good you are.
- Be innovative and offer us creative solutions which meet our needs, add value to our customers and reduce our costs.
When completing your submission, please:
- Do not submit an alternative pricing model as we will be unable to compare your bid with others
- Submit your best price as negotiations are not possible
- Clearly state and added value you can bring to the contract
We require our Suppliers to have minimum insurance levels; for example:
- Employers Liability to £5million
- Public and Products Liability to £5million
- Professional Indemnity to £1million (where necessary
Full details of our requirements will be outlined in the tender documents.
We want fairness and accessibility in our tender process and contract management. Therefore the following areas are taken into consideration:
- The Public Sector Equality duty
- Environmental Policies
- Health and Safety
- Modern Slavery
- Social Value
Feedback on your tender will be available as described in the tender documents.