Building materials on the highway permit

You need a permit to place building materials on the highway.


Applications must be made by the building supply company no less than 2 clear working days before the building material is to be deposited.

We advise you to read the guidance notes before applying.

Apply online


  • from 1 April 2024 - £80.50 (no VAT payable) per permit, per calendar month

Building Supplier Registration

If you are a building supply company you need a permit from us to place building materials on a public road.

You will need adequate public liability insurance.

To register, please contact us at or call 0121 704 8004.