5 a day to support young children’s communication and interaction.
Join my world and play with me - 5 a Day
When you and your child want to spend time together - check you are both able to see, hear and interact free from distractions.
Try joining your child to play with things they are interested in or encourage them to join in with daily tasks
Ways to help - How can you help support your child’s communication?
Turn-taking is very important for children to develop shared attention and to communicate with sounds, actions, facial expressions or words.
Ideas for activities which can help to support communication and interaction.
- Chat, Play, Read video (Department for Education campaign)
- Five to Thrive - The five building blocks to build babies brains
- NSPCC Look, Say, Sing, Play - Brain-building tips
- Small Talk - Words for Live (National Literacy Trust)
- Solihull Parents Network - Activities and events taking place in Solihull
- Explore Solihull’s 19 parks and 23 local nature reserves
- 52 activities to try with your child
- Apps to support your child’s language and literacy development
- Early years apps to help families kick start learning at home