Local offer - Higher education

Higher education study is provided at Universities and at a variety of colleges that offer a higher education course category.

Visit the Gov.uk website for all the information a young person will need about higher education.

This includes help with planning and course applications, information about student life, money facts, taking a year out, and life after higher education.

It is important to start planning early to apply for higher education.

Applications are usually submitted to the University and Colleges Admissions Services (UCAS*)

* UCAS deals with most applications to colleges and university for higher education courses.

Support for Students

All Universities and higher education colleges should have a person in charge of disability issues that you can talk to about the support they offer.

As a higher education student living in England, you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a disability, including a:

  • long-term health condition
  • mental health condition
  • specific learning difficulty e.g. dyslexia

Please see www.gov.uk/disabled-students-allowances-dsas for more details.

Disability Rights UK provide access to a range of useful resources for students.