Please see below links to a variety of organisations that support children and young people with visual impairments.
- Advice regarding eye conditions
- Benefits and support entitlements
- Health, social and educational advice for parents and professionals
- Online book service for blind or partially sighted children and adults. If you would like a personal login please contact your QTVI.
- Postal lending library of children’s books designed to be shared by visually impaired and sighted children and adults.
- National charity that offers activities and support for children and families.
- Provides grants to support the purchase of equipment to aid a child with a visual impairment.
- Provide a range of services and activities to promote independence and mobility. This is not just a service for those who have or need a guide dog.
British Blind Sport
- A charity providing and promoting opportunities for blind and partially sighted children and adults to access, participate and compete in sport.
Royal Society for Blind Children
- A charity who provide a range of services across England and Wales for blind and partially sighted children and young people, their families, and the professionals who work alongside them.
- A charity providing specialist support, accommodation and eye care help for people with learning disabilities, autism and sight loss.