The Solihull Civic Honours Awards are a way of recognising the local unsung heroes who go above and beyond to make Solihull a better place.
You could nominate:
- someone who has made a difference in Solihull and deserves recognition
- a person who has volunteered for years at a local club or group
- an unsung hero who works tirelessly in your community
The next awards ceremony will take place on Tuesday 18 October 2022 with awards presented by the Mayor of Solihull.
Awards will be presented for:
- creative and performing arts: an individual who has made a significant contribution to the arts in Solihull e.g. visual art, theatre, music, photography or dance
- individual community involvement: an individual who has made a real difference in their community
- group community involvement: a group who has made a real difference in their community
- inspirational young person: someone aged 25 or under who is a real inspiration to their community or who has gained exceptional achievement in their chosen field
- making a difference for young people: someone who has given up their time to make a difference for young people in Solihull
- sport: a person who has worked tirelessly behind the scenes to promote sport in Solihull
- Mayor’s award: someone who has made an outstanding contribution to the lives of people of the Borough, or who has raised the profile of Solihull regionally, nationally or internationally
Make a nomination
If you know someone who deserves to be recognised you can make a nomination.
The deadline for applications is Friday 1 July 2022.
When will the winners be announced?
Successful entrants will be informed by the end of September.
The panel’s decision is final. Normally there will be one award for each category, but the panel reserves the right to award more than one if they think it is necessary.