The Civic Honours Awards are a way of recognising the local unsung heroes who go above and beyond to make Solihull a better place.
Nominations are now closed
The deadline for nominations was Friday 9 June 2023.
The next awards ceremony will take place later this year, with awards presented by the Mayor of Solihull.
Successful entrants will be informed by the end of September.
Awards will be presented for:
- individual community involvement: an individual who has made a real difference in their community
- group community involvement: a group who has made a real difference in their community
- community environment: community groups that take pride in their local environment making areas more sustainable and environmentally friendly
- creative arts: an individual who has made a significant contribution to the arts in Solihull e.g. visual art, theatre, music, photography or dance
- inspirational young person: someone aged 25 or under who is a real inspiration to their community or who has gained exceptional achievement in their chosen field
- making a difference for young people: someone who has given up their time to make a difference for young people in Solihull
- sport: a person who has worked tirelessly behind the scenes to promote sport in Solihull
- Mayor’s award: someone who has made an outstanding contribution to the lives of people of the Borough, or who has raised the profile of Solihull regionally, nationally or internationally
When will the winners be announced?
The panel’s decision is final. Normally there will be one award for each category, but the panel reserves the right to award more than one if they think it is necessary.