The Cold Weather Alert for the West Midlands has been raised to level three. This means that there is an average temperature of 2 °C or less and/or widespread ice and heavy snow is expected.
What can I do to stay safe and well during severe winter weather?
- Stay tuned into the UK forecast.
- Check daytime room temperature and maintain it at 18 °C (70 °F).
- Check bedroom night-time temperature and maintain it at 18 °C (65 °F) or warmer.
- If you have to go out make sure you dress warmly and wear non-slip shoes. Also tell someone where you are going and let them know when you get back. If you have a mobile phone keep it charged and on you at all times.
- Keep active.
- Dress warmly, eat warm food and take warm drinks regularly.
- Check on those you know are at risk.
- If you are concerned about your own health or welfare or that of others, alert emergency services.
- Clear pavements of ice or snow if you are able and if essential.