Solihull Council is urging event organisers to follow some key steps to help minimise the spread of Covid-19, as infection rates continue to soar across the borough.
In line with national guidance, the Council’s advice is to:
- Undertake a risk assessment for the event to include Covid-19 safety measures
- Provide hand sanitiser points at entrances and exits to your site and other high touch areas e.g. toilets
- Ask staff and attendees to take a lateral flow test prior to attending the event
- Advise anybody who records a positive test or is showing symptoms of Covid 19, that they do not attend the event under any circumstances
- Undertake regular cleaning of touch points e.g. toilets, door handles etc.
- Put in place social distancing measures at any pinch points with high volumes of people, for example at entrances and exits and toilets. Also put in place queue management systems to maintain social distance.
- Display publicity materials advising how to reduce risk – Hands, Face, Space
We are also asking event organisers to promote double vaccination and to consider checking the vaccination status of their attendees via the NHS app.
All the steps above can be addressed in event risk assessment as mitigating factors for reducing the risk of the spread of Covid-19.
Further guidance for event organisers can be found on the government website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-covid-19/events-and-attractions