Solihull residents are urged to get along to Mell Square this weekend and grab their COVID-19 booster jab.
People can get their booster vaccination, if they are eligible, this weekend at Mell Square on Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 November, from 9am until 4:30pm, with no appointment needed.
Booster vaccine doses are being offered to eligible people most at risk from COVID-19, who had their second dose, at least 6 months ago.
With cases of COVID-19 still high in our communities, and Christmas just around the corner, local people are being encouraged to get maximum protection against the virus.
Ruth Tennant, Solihull’s Director of Public Health advises:
“It’s really important that everyone heads into winter as protected as possible. That means for everyone who is eligible they get three doses of the COVID-19 vaccination.
“The walk-in clinic at Mell Square this weekend will be offering a booster dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine. This means your booster dose may be different from the vaccines you had for your 1st and 2nd doses; this is absolutely fine.
“Please make sure that your second dose of the COVID-19 dose was at least six months ago, and you are eligible for a booster dose, to avoid disappointment. You can also book your vaccination appointment online, if that is more convenient.
“However you get your jab, please get it now!”
Booster vaccine doses are being offered to people most at risk from COVID-19, who have had a 2nd dose of a vaccine, at least 6 months ago.
• people aged 50 and over
• people who live and work in care homes
• frontline health and social care workers
• people aged 16 and over with a health condition that puts them at high risk of getting seriously ill from COVID-19
• people aged 16 and over who are a main carer for someone at high risk from COVID-19
• people aged 16 and over who live with someone who is more likely to get infections such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
• people who are pregnant, and in 1 of the eligible groups above, can also get a booster dose.
For more information about the COVID-19 vaccination programme in this area, please visit: https://www.birminghamandsolihullcovidvaccine.nhs.uk/