The Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games needs 13,000 volunteers - the deadline to to apply to become a volunteer has been confirmed as 17th August at 7pm.
Each role is a unique opportunity to boost your skills and experience whether you’re just starting out on your career, looking to change career or you’ve been out of work for a while.
There are a number of ways to get help if you live in Solihull:
- The council’s Contact Centre can help you find someone to support you with your application. Email Connectcc@solihull.gov.uk or call 0121 704 8001
- The council’s Community Development Team can give you advice and information about your application. Call 07493 864 780 or email email@example.com
- If you are unemployed or looking at volunteering as a route into employment, the Council’s Employment and Skills Team* can help you with your application and prepare for interview. Call 0121 704 8076 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (You might even speak to Paul!)
- If you live in North Solihull, are unemployed, need access to a computer or help with your application, The Colebridge Trust can also help. Email email@example.com or call 0121 448 0720 (option 1) to speak to the employment and skills team.
To volunteer you’ll need to:
- be age 18+ from 1 Jan 2022
- volunteer from 28 July to 8 August, committing to at least eight shifts
- be able to communicate in English or British Sign Language
- be eligible to volunteer in UK and participate in a security risk assessment so you will need ID such as a birth certificate, driving licence, in-date passport or UK Citizen Card
- accept the role and venue offered
- be able to attend required training
To sign up to the B2022 Commonwealth Games mailing list register at -
*The Employment and Skills Team is part-funded by the European Social Fund