Residents, visitors and local businesses can now purchase and manage any parking permits that they need for parking and restricted street access in the borough using a new paperless online system.
The new system – MiPermit – is accessible via the council website at www.solihull.gov.uk/Parking or by downloading the MiPermit App to your smart phone.
Cllr Ken Hawkins, Solihull Council’s Cabinet Member for Environment and Infrastructure, explained: “We already use the MiPermit system for cashless parking in our car parks and have extended it to permits because it’s environmentally friendly and it’s a very simple, quick and secure way for people to purchase and manage any parking permits that they need. Once you’ve registered and created an account you can manage your permits through the account. However, all existing paper permits that are in date remain valid until their expiry date and must remain on display. The new system is for new applications and renewals.”
All existing paper permits listed below will become virtual for new applications:
- Car park season tickets for customers who require long term parking in council run car parks
- Dispensations for customers who require dispensation to park in restricted areas such as yellow lines
- Red route - for Solihull residents who requiring a dispensation to park on red routes
- Business access – for registered businesses located in a pedestrian area requiring access to their private parking during the times of restriction
- Resident - for residents living within a resident parking zone requiring permits for use in resident parking bays
- Visitors - for residents living within a resident parking zone requiring visitor permits for use in resident parking bays for their visitors
There are full instructions to help people set up their accounts and order permits at www.solihull.gov.uk/Parking
Residents who don’t have online access at home or on a smart phone can get online at their local library.