Residents in Solihull may be entitled to £400 to help with the rising costs of energy bills.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 31 May 2023.
The Government’s Energy Bills Support Scheme (EBSS) includes people who don’t have direct contact with energy providers and didn’t receive the discount automatically, such as those:
- in a care home or assisted living facility and you pay for some or all of your care (directly or through loss of pension or other benefits)
- in a residential park home
- on a boat on a permanent residential mooring
- on a permanent Gypsy and Traveller site
- part of a heat network without an electricity meter
- in social or private rented accommodation which has a business energy connection or a communal electricity supply
- who are off the mains electricity or gas grid
- in a separate domestic home within a non-domestic property (such as a farmhouse or a flat above a shop)
To check eligibility and find out more, please visit the government website, or call 0808 175 3287 for additional support.
Residents may also be eligible for a £200 alternative fuels payment if:
- your household is not connected to the mains gas grid
- you use alternative fuels as your main form of heating, such as tank or bottled gas, liquid petroleum gas (LPG), oil, wood, or solid fuel