Cycling to work is easier than you may think. With significant savings on fuel, parking and your cash, it can also get you to your desk much quicker than travelling any other way.
Cycling to work has many benefits
With 75% of the UK having a cycle to work taking less than 30 minutes, the average commute by bike is also:
- an average of just 4 miles
- typically takes only 22 minutes
- usually a dry ride, with UK cycle commuters having a 97% chance of staying dry!
As an employer you can benefit from promoting cycling to your staff too, as cycling to work offers:
- financial savings through improved punctuality on staff journeys
- reduced congestion and the demand for parking
- fitter, healthier, happier and more productive staff – with less absenteeism through illness
- better recruitment and staff retention by offering more travel options
- reducing your firms’ carbon footprint and helping you achieve ISO 14001
How we can help
We are able to support Small to Medium Enterprises operating in North Solihull to get their staff cycling to work.
This support includes grants which can:
- fund cycle related facilities including pool bikes, cycle parking and lockers
- provide free promotional cycling merchandise and maps
We also give advice on related staff benefits such as tax-free bike purchase loan schemes and allowances and:
- give bike maintenance sessions for staff
- provide personalised cycle training sessions from novice to expert level cyclists
- help with route planning and safe cycling advice
The Scheme is funded jointly through the European Regional Development Fund, managed by the Department for Communities and Local Government and Solihull Council.