Adult social services compliments and complaints (including complaints about Adults Social Care Finance)

We aim to deliver customer focused, high quality services, at all times.

However, we recognise that on occasions we do not meet these standards. When our services are not up to the standard you would expect, your feedback is important; allowing us to learn, develop and improve.

In much the same way, your feedback is great to hear when we're getting things right.

Complaints will only be considered within 12 months of the issues happening, or the complainant becoming aware of those issues. However, this time limit can be extended at if it is still possible to consider the concerns raised effectively and efficiently and this will be considered on a case by case basis.

Make a comment, complaint or compliment

If you wish to raise concerns in relation to:

  • A service provided by your Social Worker
  • A residential home or care in the home (full or part paid for or arranged by the Council)
  • Any aspect of finance relating to your Social Care

then you can contact us by:

If there are any circumstances that we need to consider when dealing with you about this complaint, such as a disability please let us know, so that we can do all we can to remove any barriers to you in the complaints handling process.

Who can help me?

If you need some help making a complaint, you could ask your social worker how to do this, and  you can ask a family friend or anyone you trust to make a complaint on your behalf.

You will need to complete a form of authority if you wish any of these people to act on your behalf when making your complaint (this will not apply to those people who are deemed as lacking capacity to provide consent).

How will you respond to my complaint?

When we get your complaint we will confirm that we have received it within 3 working days. We will then contact you to make sure we understand what's making you unhappy, and agree how and by when we will make a response (usually within 30 working days).

What if I am still unhappy?

You can contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman who will give you independent advice on your complaint.