The redevelopment of Kingshurst is a once in a generation opportunity to create a high quality, community focussed centre at the heart of this important Solihull neighbourhood.
As the third local centre to be regenerated in North Solihull, Kingshurst will build on the success of previous schemes at Chelmund’s Cross and Smith’s Wood. The redeveloped centre will help ensure that Kingshurst becomes a sustainable, well integrated community with enhanced potential to benefit from its close proximity to the economic opportunities at the airport, NEC and the rest of the UK Central Hub.
Kingshurst Village Centre will be redesigned to a high standard so that it offers a range of local services and plays a strong role in building further social capital and local pride.
Since Outline Planning Permission was granted in December 2020, work has continued to develop the detailed design for Kingshurst Village Centre, including a range of detailed technical assessments.
Ongoing consultation with key stakeholders, including health sector and community partners, has taken place and the masterplan has evolved to reflect these requirements. Community responses to consultation on the previous masterplan have also been considered and used to inform the latest plans.
Based on the Kingshurst Masterplan and approved planning application the new village centre will include:
- 78 sustainable homes all built to LifetimeHomes standards
- New vicarage for St Barnabas Church
- 1,600 m2 community, health and wellbeing hub, including GP, pharmacy, dentist, library service and community café
- 1,500 m2 modern retail space, including an anchor convenience store and opticians
- High quality public realm and enhanced links to Kingshurst Park and Kingshurst Primary School
- Car parking to support the new local centre, community spaces and the Church
- New internal road layout linking Over Green Drive and Colling Walk
- Sustainable Urban Drainage (SuDS) and landscaping throughout
You can view the Full Planning application and associated planning documents on the online planning portal, using the following reference: PL/2021/03072/MAJFDW
Receive regular updates on this project Sign up to Stay Connected