Nature of work
The admissions, tracking and school transport teams comprise of:
- School Admissions - process applications for places in reception to year 11
- Exclusions Team - ensure schools follow statutory guidance
- Children Missing Education and Pupil Tracking team - ensure children removed from roll are tracked to another provision
- School Transport: Process applications for travel assistance and manage transport contracts
Why we need your information
To process parental requests for school a place. To ensure that schools follow statutory government guidance when excluding pupils (fixed term and permanent). To enable us to identify pupils who are not on a school roll or receiving an education, to ensure that they are safe and receive an appropriate education. To process and check eligibility for travel assistance, arrange agreed assistance and provide guidance on appeals where required. To maintain pupil safety by keeping records of drivers and guides and ensuring Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks are carried out.
Type/Classes of information processed
Where relevant we process a variety of information relating to individuals including:
- Child/young person personal details
- Family details
- Education details
- Other agency involvement (such as Social Care)
- Personal details of driver or guide submitting DBS check
We may also process what is referred to as special categories of information that may include data revealing:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious belief
Who information is processed about
We process information about:
- Child/Young person
- Driver or guide submitting a DBS check
Who information may be shared with
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- Educational Settings
- Internal services such as Educational Psychology, Statutory Assessment and Review Team (START), Social Care, Health, HR
How long we will keep your information
- Information relating to children missing education, pupil tracking and exclusions is kept until the subject is 35 years old.
- Applications for school places and transport assistance are kept for 8 years from date of application.
- DBS applications are destroyed after 30 days.