Nature of work
As Solihull Connect, the Council’s customer service brand, we provide advice, information and services for customers across the Borough. Our Solihull Connect contact centre and walk in centres are the first point of contact for core Council services. We also manage the Council's digital presence through the corporate website, Service Cloud customer portal and knowledge base, Solihull Mylife, LiveChat and social media channels.
Library and Information Services provide a community driven service across our many libraries, as well as business information and local history and family history services.
Our Bereavement and Registration services provide critical services governed by statutory guidance.
- Registration Service Privacy Notice
- List of processing activities for registrars, superintendent registrars and registration authorities
Why we need your information
We will process personal information:
- for the purpose for which you provided the information, e.g. to deliver a specific service or request
- to enable us to communicate with you and provide the services you need or are entitled to
- to monitor our performance in providing services to you and to obtain your opinion about our services
Type/Classes of information processed
Where relevant we process a variety of information relating to individuals including:
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
Who information is processed about
We process information about:
- Individuals who are requesting a service (e.g. a Blue Badge application)
- Individuals who are reporting information (e.g. a pothole)
- Individuals who choose to access our online services (e.g. Oracle Service Cloud)
Who information may be shared with
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- Information is shared with other Council departments
- Information may be shared with partner services (http://www.solihull.gov.uk/About-the-Council/partnerships/localpartnership/strategicgroups)
How long we will keep your information
We will not keep your information any longer than needed. The length of time will vary from service to service and will be guided by either legislation which states how long records should be retained (e.g. adoption records 100 years, financial records 6 years) or by the business need to keep the information which will vary.
No content is transferred overseas.
For more information about this service please contact 0121 704 8001 or email email@example.com.