Nature of work
My Solihull Maps works with individuals, groups, and organisations to create an interactive map that promotes “places you can go to, things to do and people to talk to and listen” across Solihull’s neighbourhoods. Within the map there is a directory that includes that group’s/place’s contact information to allow whoever is using the map to make initial contact with the groups, organisations and or places listed. The main aim is to have a comprehensive list of the in the community offer across all of Solihull’s neighbourhoods, covering:
- community groups and organisations
- community meeting places
- community events
- local charities
- faith networks
- places you can go for help to find work, training, or education
- places or organisations that can provide help and support for anyone affected by exploitation
- community safety and local policing information
- local places of interest
- seasonal events
Why we need your information
The nature of the work means that we will need to collect personal data, such as name, postal address, email address and telephone numbers. Typically, this will happen when collecting the data of groups, organisation or places that are not yet displayed on My Solihull Map, so this information is needed to allow the group or place to be displayed on the map accurately. This information will only be requested where necessary and will be used to promote the group or organisation on My Solihull Maps to encourage introductions by members of the public and professionals. By providing us with this information it means you are giving us your permission to share it on My Solihull Maps.
Type/Classes of information processed
Where relevant we process the following information relating to individuals including:
- contact details (telephone number and/or email)
Who information is processed about
We process information about:
- performance information derived from anonymised data for monitoring purposes
Who information may be shared with
The map is on the Solihull Council website meaning that it is accessible to the public. Information used to populate the map and performance information concerning its use may also be shared directly with:
- other Solihull Council departments
- other partner organisations and agencies who are also be working to support Solihull residents, including charitable organisations
How long we will keep your information
We will not keep your information for any longer than is needed. We aim to carry out an annual update of the information to ensure records are accurate.
Information is not transferred overseas.
For more information about this service please email us.