Nature of work
- Collect and Process information for the administration and collection of Council Tax, Business Rates, Sundry Income, Housing Benefit overpayments and Solihull Business Improvement District (BID).
- Collect and Process information for the administration and payment of business grants.
- Collect & Process information for the assessment and payment of Housing Benefit and to apply reductions for Council Tax via Solihull MBC Council Tax Reduction Scheme.
- Assess entitlement to Discretionary Grants and other Welfare Benefits.
- Assessments for clients contribution towards the cost of Adult Social Care.
- Personal Budgeting Service Support.
Why we need your information
We need your information:
- for the purpose for which you provided the information, e.g. “ the administration of Council Tax
- to enable us to communicate with you and provide the services you need or are entitled to
- to process financial transactions including grants, payments and benefits directly involving us or where we are acting on behalf of other government bodies such as Department for Works and Pensions
- to process business grants on behalf of the Department of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, sharing information for monitoring and evaluation purposes as well as the suspension and/or recovery of business grants as necessary
- for the prevention and/or detection of crime including fraud
- for general processing where you have given your consent for us to do so
Type/Classes of information processed
Where relevant we process a variety of information relating to individuals including:
- personal details
- family details
- lifestyle and social circumstances
- financial details
- employment details
- medical details such as GP, hospital and occupational therapy records
- Immigration Status
- Education (Higher Education-Student Status)
Who information is processed about
We process information about:
- Council Tax payers
- Business Rates payers
- Local businesses and sole traders (for the purposes of business grants)
- Sundry Income payers
- Adult Social Care clients
- Legal guardians and advocates
- Housing Benefit claimants
- Council Tax Reduction claimants
- Disabled Facilities Grant claimants
- Universal Credit claimants
- Housing Options referred clients (Homelessness)
- Children's Special Guardianship payment recipients
- Employers (in the event of non payment of council tax, Solihull MBC may make an attachment to earnings to secure payment)
Who information may be shared with
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- Legal guardians and advocates
- Court of Protection Appointee and Deputyships
- Adult Social Care Clients
- Commissioned Providers of Debt NS Benefit related services
- Valuation Officer
- Occupational Therapist
- Other Solihull MBC;Departments
- Department of Health
- Collection Agencies/Debt recovery departments
- Other Government Departments
- Members of Parliament and;Local Councillors
- Landlords (with permission)
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Department of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Cabinet Office
How long we will keep your information
7 Years for ALL.
Information is not transferred overseas.