Licensing services available during COVID-19
Solihull Licensing walk in centre is open but strictly by appointment only.
If you need to contact the Licensing team please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply you will require:
- a full UK driving licence held for at least 2 years
- eligibility to work in the UK, applicants should note we will only accept Residency Permits if they are valid for a minimum of 12 months
- when you submit your application you will need to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK, i.e. your current passport and any relevant visas or work permits if the passport is not British. If you do not hold a current passport please contact us for further advice
- no unspent criminal convictions. To check if your conviction is spent, please refer to guidance on rehabilitation periods
Failure to disclose full details of any previous convictions or cautions may result in your application being refused. If you have any previous cautions or convictions, spent or not, and cannot remember the dates or sentence received you should contact your local police station and ask for a Police National Computer (PNC) check.
The Police National Computer is one of the main sources of information accessed when a Disclosure and Barring Service check is made and holds records of a person's convictions and cautions which will be revealed in a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The police may charge for this information.
Fees and charges
View our complete fees and charges.
The preferred methods of payment are card or cheque. Cash payments can be taken at:
HMRC Tax Checks
From 4 April 2022 HMRC rules are changing and you will be required to provide proof that you have completed a tax check.
You can find guidance and also apply for your tax check online with HMRC. Please DO NOT contact us for further information if you have any queries about this, as we will not be able to help you.
If you cannot provide proof that you have completed a tax check, we will NOT be able to renew your licence.
Renew or update your licence
If you hold a private hire drivers licence the following forms are available:
- renew a private hire driver's licence
- hackney carriage/private hire - change of owner
- private hire duplicate plate/badge application
- notification of change of address
If you hold a licence and move address you must notify us in writing. You must also ensure that you obtain an updated driving Licence from the DVLA.
You can contact us by:
- telephone: 0121 704 6830
- email: email@example.com