Our Licensing service is at Solihull Connect at The Core.
Before your visit, please email us at email@example.com to book an appointment.
We are unable to serve customers who do not have an appointment.
To apply you will require:
- a full UK driving licence held for at least 2 years
- eligibility to work in the UK, applicants should note we will only accept Residency Permits if they are valid for a minimum of 12 months
- when you submit your application you will need to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK, i.e. a British passport, a full UK birth certificate or an adoption certificate and an official document showing your national insurance number
- applicants that hold a foreign passport, biometric residence permit, or an EU Settlement Scheme must apply for a right to work share code. Where an online check has been carried out, the ‘profile’ page confirming your right to work will be copied and retained by the licensing authority.
Failure to disclose full details of any previous convictions or cautions may result in your application being refused. If you have any previous cautions or convictions, spent or not, and cannot remember the dates or sentence received you should contact ACRO. Scroll down to Subject Access Requests and follow the guidance.
Fees and charges
View our complete fees and charges.
You can pay by card or cheque. We are unable to take cash payments.
HMRC Tax Checks
You are required to provide proof that you have completed a tax check.
You can find guidance and also apply for your tax check online with HMRC. Please do not contact us for further information if you have any queries about this, as we will not be able to help you.
If you cannot provide proof that you have completed a tax check, we will not be able to renew your licence.
National Register of Refusals, Revocations and Suspensions (NR3S)
From 27 April 2023, the Taxis and Private Hire Vehicles (Safeguarding and Road Safety) Act 2022 places new duties on Hackney Carriage and Private Hire licensing authorities in England.
The Act contains provisions that require licensing authorities to record information relating to drivers’ licensing histories (refusals, revocations or suspensions) on a National Register. Furthermore, before a licensing authority in England decides whether to grant or renew a driver licence, it must search the Register for any entry relating to the applicant.
Whenever a licensing authority processes a new application or renewal, it is required to check the NR3S Register to confirm whether the applicant was subject to a previous licensing decision of which they should be aware. A licensing authority must not base its decision solely on an entry on the database. Every application must be considered on its own merits.
Our National Register of Refusals, Revocations and Suspensions (NR3S) Policy provides more information.
Renew or update your licence
If you hold a private hire drivers licence the following forms are available:
- renew a private hire driver's licence
- hackney carriage/private hire - change of owner
- private hire duplicate plate/badge application
- notification of change of address
- private hire vehicle/hackney carriage vehicle renewal form
If you hold a licence and move address you must notify us in writing. You must also ensure that you obtain an updated driving Licence from the DVLA.
You can contact us by:
- telephone: 0121 704 6830
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org