Scrap metal dealers or motor salvage operators must have a licence to trade.
There are 2 types of licence:
- a site licence allows you to buy and sell scrap metal from a fixed location within Solihull
- a collector’s licence allows you to collect scrap metal from addresses in Solihull, you may not take this metal back to a site that you run within Solihull in order to sell it
To apply please download the following application form:
From 1 April 2022:
- Site Licence (3 years) Grant or Renewal - £595
- Additional Site - £401
- Variation to Site Licence - £217
- Collectors Licence (3 years): Grant or Renewal - £232
- Replacement/Reissue - £36.50
Scrap metal collectors should not use a loudspeaker to advertise their trade or business.
Any instances of noise pollution should be reported to us.