Food safety inspections
Authorised officers have the right to enter and inspect any food premises, and any food found on the premises, at all reasonable hours. To refuse access is an offence under Food Safety Legislation.
Please note appointments will only be made in advance if the business is operating from a domestic premises or it is foreseen there may be issues around access.
Useful links from the Food Standards Agency
- Food Standards Agency
- Allergen guidance for food businesses
- Food safety management for businesses
- Safer food, better business (SFBB)
- Packaging and labelling
- Food hygiene ratings for businesses
- Online food safety training
- Industry guides to good food hygiene
Get in touch
You can contact Solihull Council’s Food Safety Team by:
- calling 0121 704 8018
- or by email at email@example.com
If you are holding an event in Solihull additional information can be found here.