View the latest Library closures and changes to opening hours.
Library services available during COVID-19
The following services are available at all sites:
- Access to the library with unlimited time to browse and sit
- Bookable and/or walk-in PC access for up to 2 hours per session
- Use of memory sticks
- Renewal or replacement of library cards
- General Library stock enquiries
- Loan of up to 10 items for 3 weeks minimum
- Reservations of up to 10 library items
- Photocopying, printing or scanning
- Study space with unlimited time
- Physical newspapers and magazines where available
In-person rhymetimes and storytimes are now running in several libraries, details are on our Events page
Booking is required for some events.
You can also still order books from libraries using our Click and Collect service.
Services not available at the moment:
- Reservations of items on order or not in Solihull stock
- Inter library loans
Visitors are encouraged to wear a face mask or covering, unless exempt, in line with current government guidance.
All visitors are asked to provide contact details on entering the site in line with the government’s Test and Trace requirements.
Our COVID-19 page can help you understand the changes when visiting a library and see what other services are available.
Telephone: 01676 522717
- Monday from 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm
- Tuesday and Thursday from 10.00am to 12.30pm
- Wednesday, Friday and Saturday - closed
You can also view the events at our other libraries.
Follow our Facebook page for up-to-date news.
Travelling to the library
Meriden Library is on the service road on the village green. Parking is outside the library, limited to 1 hour. Longer stay parking is available in spaces on Main Road by the Green or in the Meriden Sports car park off the roundabout..
Bus routes: 89, X1, X20 - nearest stops are on Main Road, then walk uphill to the village green.