View the latest Library closures and changes to opening hours.
Library services available during COVID-19
The following services are available at all sites:
- Access to the library with unlimited time to browse and sit
- Bookable and/or walk-in PC access for up to 2 hours per session
- Use of memory sticks
- Renewal or replacement of library cards
- General Library stock enquiries
- Loan of up to 10 items for 3 weeks minimum
- Reservations of up to 10 library items
- Photocopying, printing or scanning
- Study space with unlimited time
- Physical newspapers and magazines where available
In-person rhymetimes and storytimes are now running in several libraries, details are on our Events page
Booking is required for some events.
You can also still order books from libraries using our Click and Collect service.
Advance booking is strongly advisable for viewing archives and local history documents in the Heritage and Local Studies Service.
Services not available at the moment:
- Reservations of items on order or not in Solihull stock
- Inter library loans
Visitors are encouraged to wear a face mask or covering, unless exempt, in line with current government guidance.
All visitors are asked to provide contact details on entering the site in line with the government’s Test and Trace requirements.
Our COVID-19 page can help you understand the changes when visiting a library and see what other services are available.
Get in touch
- general enquiries/library reception: 0121 704 6965
- information services: 0121 704 6977
- home library service: 0121 704 6947
- local history & family history: 0121 704 6977
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday from 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Wednesday from 10.00am to 5.00pm
- Thursday from 9.00am to 8.00pm
Regular events are held in the library, booking is necessary for some of these.
You can also view the events at our other libraries.
Please also follow our Facebook page for up-to-date news.
Travelling to the library
The Core Library is next to the Touchwood Shopping Centre, and is on Theatre Square. The nearest car parks are Touchwood and Church Hill; for longer stays the Monkspath Hall Road car park is a few minutes' walk away.
Bus stops in Solihull are on Poplar Road. Go into Touchwood from these and follow the signs through to the library and Core Theatre.
The nearest railway station is Solihull. From the station, cross over Blossomfield Road, then walk along Homer Road to the Touchwood car park entrance, and walk up the path to Theatre Square..
For a virtual tour of The Core Library visit www.seeinsidetheuk.com.
The Core Theatre and Cafe
For details of services and activities in the Core Theatre and Cafe visit www.thecoretheatresolihull.co.uk.