Visit the Recycling Centre (tip)
Bickenhill Household Waste Recycling Centre
From Monday 21 September 2020 you will be unable to use the HWRC unless you have a pre-booked appointment.
Each appointment slot will be for 15 minutes. We are limiting visits to one per household per week. This is to try to make sure that every household that needs to use the service can book a slot.
Please pre-sort recycling and waste at home for a quick turnaround time to keep yourself safe and to help the site remain on schedule.
Book an appointment for a car
There is a different form if you are visiting the site in a permitted vehicle.
Book an appointment - visiting in a permitted vehicle
Help with booking an appointment can be found here.
Bickenhill HWRC is only available to residents of Solihull, if you pay your council tax to another authority you should not use the site.
If you have accumulated a lot of waste at home please consider hiring a skip to dispose of the waste before visiting the HWRC.
We have made some changes to how the site operates to enable us to comply with social distancing and protect the site staff and other site users.
Please read and follow the instructions below.
- please sort your items before visiting the site to minimise the time you need to spend there
- please stay 2m away from site staff and other site users
- only one person allowed out of the car on site
- no assistance will be given on site - therefore please only take what you can personally carry
- vehicles which use a permit can only access the site Monday, Wednesday to Saturday from 10am to 2pm. Tuesday access from 10am until 15 minutes before close (dependant on summer/winter opening times) No access will be allowed on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
- please wash your hands before visiting the site, wear gloves where possible and wash/sanitise your hands following your visit to the site
- do not visit the site if you have any Covid-19 like symptoms
- for the safety of site staff and site users our staff will be wearing body cameras and there will be security managing access to the site