We offer a number of services which support people to retain or regain skills and confidence to manage being independent again. We call this approach reablement.
What is reablement
Reablement is short term support which is expected to last less than six weeks. You may need reablement at different times in your life.
Reablement is designed to meet your needs by focussing on your strengths and abilities. It helps you build up your confidence in doing things for yourself over as quick a period of time as is safely manageable.
We can provide support to people who:
- will benefit from a short programme - this could be by building your confidence to try new ways of doing things you used to do
- have an achievable goal - such as getting out of bed or making a meal by yourself
- need help if you’re struggling to stay independent at home
What kind of activities are included
Reablement goals usually focus on ordinary day-to-day things such as:
- moving around your home and going out locally
- making food and drinks
- personal care - getting washed and dressed
- managing your home
- maintaining contact with family, friends and the community
Services available in Solihull
Our reablement services can support you in a range of situations including:
- regaining skills to keep you independent at home (Early Response Service provided by Universal Care Services)
- coming out of hospital (Home Discharge Service provided by Nationwide Care Services)
- your longer term wellbeing and rebuilding your confidence (new Enhanced Reablement programme provided by our in-house team)
Services are available seven days a week, are free of charge and provided to people aged 18 and over who live in Solihull for up to six weeks.
How do I request a reablement service
Early Response Service: call our Solihull Connect Adult Social Care team on 0121 704 8007 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Home Discharge Service: If you, or a family member, are being discharged from hospital, please be reassured you will automatically have been considered by the hospital social work team for this service.
Enhanced Reablement Programme: This is accessed via a social care or therapy health professional - please talk to your worker.
To find out more about reablement
You, or someone else on your behalf, can:
- call our Solihull Connect Adult Social Care team on 0121 704 8007 for an initial discussion about your situation
- email us at email@example.com
The Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) provide a useful guide for carers and families that explains what reablement is and what you can do to help. It includes a number of short videos about reablement.
Check the quality of our reablement services
The Care Quality Commission, which is also known as CQC, reviews and inspects health and social care services.
Our Enhanced Reablement Programme has an ongoing overall rating of Good. You can view the inspection report on the CQC website. At the time of the inspection the programme was known as the Bluebell Centre.