For great advice and suggestions on where to cycle in Solihull, the latest edition of the Solihull Cycling and Walking map has it all covered.
There are also many clubs and organisations you can join to get fit. Plus with the Tudor Grange Cycle Track, getting fit and having fun is as easy as riding a bike.
Benefits of cycling
Getting fit and having fun are not the only benefits to cycling. As a cyclist you can also:
- be twice as fast as a car in traffic
- be as fit as someone 10 years younger than you if you’re middle aged
- significantly reduce your carbon emissions
Cycle routes in Solihull - the essentials
With hundreds of miles of cycling routes in the local area, it’s easy to get on your bike. Cycle routes in Solihull and the local area:
- are highway routes
- clearly indicated by signs and markings
- use designated paths
- use shared pathways
- make up part of The National Cycle Network