Access care and support

Your Shared Care record

We are about to start using a confidential Shared Care record that allows local health and social care professionals to see residents’ information, where it’s needed for their care. This will affect adults who receive care and support services and who consent to their data being shared.  

At some point in your life you may need help from adult social care. This could be due to your own needs or those of a friend or family.

Who can access support

Any adult over 18 can request support. You may have a disability or illness that limits the things you can do or need help with daily tasks such as washing and dressing, preparing meals, going out to do your shopping or keeping in touch with friends and family.

Where can I find support groups

Our Solihull Directory can put you in touch with local organisations and support groups that offer information, advice and activities.

Access support from adult social care

You can find support for you or somebody else by completing an online self-assessment.

Online self assessment

The self-assessment will ask you different questions about your life and the things you find difficult and provide you with a list of services and organisations that can help.

At the end of the assessment you can make a referral to adult social care. This is a more detailed look at your life that allows us to establish your needs and if you’ll have to pay for care. 

If you would rather speak to someone you can call us on 0121 704 8007 (Weekdays from 9.00am to 5.00pm, except Wednesdays when we open at 10.00am) or email

It’s an emergency

If you urgently need to speak to us out of business hours you can call 0121 605 6060.