Disabled Facilities Grant

A Disabled Facilities Grant can help if you are disabled and need to make changes to your home.

This could be to:

  • install ramps
  • widen doors
  • improve access to rooms e.g. by installing a stairlift
  • change your heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use

The total you could get depends on:

  • your household income
  • if you have savings over £6,000

An occupation therapy assessment and a financial assessment will be needed when you apply for a grant.


You can apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant if you are disabled and:

  • own and live in your own property
  • live with your family
  • are privately renting or living in a Housing Association property

Landlords can also apply for a grant on behalf of disabled tenants.

Request an assessment

You can request an assessment by: