Weddings and Civil Partnerships COVID-19
From 19 July the rules for weddings, civil partnership ceremonies and receptions will change. There will no longer be a maximum number-cap for attendees.
However, as COVID infection numbers in Solihull continue to rise, we are urging people to wear face coverings when attending a ceremony and continue with COVID-safety measures.
For the most up to date COVID-19 guidance for weddings and civil partnership ceremonies visit the Gov.UK website.
The Register Office is only open for pre-booked appointments.
We have approved the following venues for marriage, civil partnerships, renewal of vows, commitment and naming ceremonies.
- Arden Hotel and Leisure Centre
- Best Western Plus Manor Hotel, Meriden
- Castle Bromwich Hall Hotel
- The Ceremony Suite at Solihull Register Office
- Crowne Plaza, Solihull
- The Fentham Hall
- The Forest Hotel
- Greswolde Arms Hotel
- Hampton Manor
- Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
- Hogarths Hotel Ltd
- Holiday Inn, Birmingham Airport
- Jubilee Room at Solihull Register Office
- The Lake at Barston (West Midlands Golf Club)
- Nailcote Hall Hotel
- The National Motorcycle Museum
- Ramada Jarvis Hotel
- The Regency, Solihull
- Resorts World
- St. Johns Solihull
- The Strawberry Bank Hotel and Restaurant
- Village Hotel
Please check with your chosen venue that your ceremony date falls within the period of their license. We cannot be held liable for a booking made with a venue after their license has expired.
If you choose an approved venue you will require a registrar to perform the ceremony. It’s important that you check registrar availability before paying a deposit to your chosen venue.
Our fees apply to the date of your ceremony.
The registrar fee is separate to the cost of booking your chosen venue.
We'll contact you after your booking to confirm if your chosen date and time is available.
The cost of your certificate is £11 and will be taken at the time of your booking. If your ceremony does not go ahead you'll be refunded the certificate fee.
Civil Wedding and Civil Partnership Premises Licence
Venues can apply for a licence to hold civil weddings and civil partnerships.
Notice of Application for Premises to be approved as a Venue
- Village Hotel Solihull - The Green Business Park, Dog Kennel Lane, Shirley, Solihull, B90 4JG