Other venues

Other Venues

Weddings and Civil Partnerships Covid-19

In line with the Government’s roadmap to easing lockdown rules, from 12 April 2021, small weddings and civil partnerships can go ahead but only if they can be held safely in line with the Government guidelines. Ceremonies will be kept as short as possible and limited to the parts of the ceremony that are required for the marriage or civil partnership to be legally binding.

Face coverings are required to be worn by all guests at weddings and civil partnership ceremonies taking place in register offices, places of worship or other approved venues. Face coverings will not have to be worn by the couple being married or joined in civil partnership during the ceremony.

There is a strict limit of 15 attendees (the couple, two witnesses and up to eleven guests) in line with social distancing guidelines and this will be dependent on the size of the room and venue.

For the most up to date COVID-19 guidance for small marriages and civil partnerships please visit the Gov.UK website.

We have approved the following venues for marriage, civil partnerships, renewal of vows, commitment and naming ceremonies.

Please check with your chosen venue that your ceremony date falls within the period of their license. We cannot be held liable for a booking made with a venue after their license has expired.

Registrar availability

If you choose an approved venue you will require a registrar to perform the ceremony. It’s important that you check registrar availability before paying a deposit to your chosen venue.

Check availability


Our fees apply to the date of your ceremony.

The registrar fee is separate to the cost of booking your chosen venue.

We'll contact you after your booking to confirm if your chosen date and time is available.


The cost of your certificate is £11 and will be taken at the time of your booking. If your ceremony does not go ahead you'll be refunded the certificate fee.

Civil Wedding and Civil Partnership Premises Licence

Venues can apply for a licence to hold civil weddings and civil partnerships.