If you are struggling to keep up with payments please call us immediately on 0121 704 8100 or email email@example.com.
We can help by making sure you are receiving the benefits, discounts or reductions you could be entitled to. We may also be able to make a different payment agreement with you.
If you don't let us know you are having difficulty making payments further costs may be added to your bill so you could end up having to pay more.
I am on a low income
If you are on a low income you may be eligible to receive Council Tax Reduction
Loan sharks are illegal moneylenders who often charge very high interest rates.
Check if a lender is registered
Nearly all financial service activities in the UK must be authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority.
You can search the Financial Services Register for authorised companies and individuals.
If you have borrowed money from a loan shark or are worried about illegal money lending you can make an anonymous report.
To contact the Illegal Money Lending Team:
- Report a loan shark online
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0300 555 2222 (24-hour service)
- Text a report to 07860 022 116
Whether you need help with food, energy, financial advice or wellbeing, our Here2Help pages have some useful information and contact details for you.
- SCH money advice - provide high quality, impartial advice to Solihull Community Housing tenants and leaseholders whose homes are at risk due to multiple debts
- Citizens Advice - offer many services to customers including help in claiming benefits, debt advice and understanding legal rights
- Age UK Solihull - assist in money advice for those over 50 and is aware of specialist issues for the elderly including care bills
- National Debtline - provides free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems