Find HAF activities
Our HAF activities page provides families with information on:
- what activities are available
- how you can book a place
- HAF sessions run by childcare providers
What is the HAF programme?
The Solihull HAF (Holiday Activities and Food programme) aims to provide a range of activities and a nutritious meal, for children in receipt of benefit-related free school meals (FSM), during school holidays.
If you receive this benefit, your child will be eligible to attend HAF sessions for free. A letter providing proof of eligibility will be issued to families by 25 March 2022, which will be required at point of booking or attendance of HAF programme sessions. There will also be places available for children who are not in receipt of FSM but who are vulnerable or have additional needs. If you believe that this applies to your child, then please contact your chosen holiday club directly to confirm.
Sign up to the HAF newsletter to ensure you are aware of updates and useful information about the programme.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is eligible for HAF
HAF, funded by the Department for Education (DfE), is for school aged children from Reception to Year 11 who are in receipt benefits-related free school meals.
We offer eligible children and young people free access to holiday activities during Easter, summer and Christmas. This includes
- personal development
Children and young people receive at least one free healthy and tasty meal during each session that they attend. They can also take part in interactive ways to learn more about healthy eating.
If you think you might be eligible for benefits related free school meals, but do not currently claim them, find out how to apply here.
SEND and additional needs children
We have a number of providers who provide targeted support for SEND children, and also providers who support children in a mainstream setting. Please talk to individual providers in the first instance as they may be able to meet the needs of your child(ren) with adjustments. It is possible for providers to access additional funding to provide support if they are aware of the needs in advance of attendance.
Children who are vulnerable or in need of a place
HAF Solihull is able to support a limited number of children to access HAF holiday activities even if they do not receive free school meals. Children can access clubs if they meet one of the following criteria:
- Looked after children
- Young Carers
- Children on EHCP plans
- Children and young people on a child protection plan
- Children and young people known to social care
- Children of recognised refugees or asylum seeking families
- Children at risk of exclusion from school
- Children with low attendance in school
- Young people at risk of being NEET
- Children referred by other services such as Schools, CAMHS or Health Practitioners
Places available under this element are limited and criteria may change at any time. In the first instance please contact your provider to discuss.
HAF activities in surrounding areas
We work closely with neighbouring local authorities to ensure that adequate provision and support is offered to children who may go to school in Solihull but live out of the borough, and would prefer to attend holiday activities closer to home.
You can find HAF activities for:
- Birmingham children who live in Birmingham and go to school in Solihull are able to access holiday clubs by using the following information
- Coventry to attend a holiday club in Coventry you will need a code. To get this, please email email@example.com with proof of your eligibility. You will be issued with a HAF code for booking through Coventry City Council’s website
- Warwickshire to attend a holiday activity in Warwickshire you will need a code. To get this please email firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of eligibility (copy/photo of your HAF letter). You will then be able to use your Warwickshire code to book directly with HAF providers.
Support for you
Get in touch
For parent or carer queries about the HAF programme please contact our Family Information Service by:
- calling 0800 389 8667; or
- email email@example.com.