How to set up your Borrowbox account to access eBooks and eAudiobooks.
You can set up your Borrowbox account using:
- the Borrowbox app
- your laptop or PC
- your ereader
- download and install the Borrowbox app from the App Store, Google Play Store, Amazon Store or Windows Store do links
- when the download is complete, press 'Open'
- when the Borrowbox app opens, you will be invited to enter the library name - begin to type Solihull, though you should only need a few letters for the library to be recognised.
- enter your library card/account membership number with the SLP, WP or H in front, followed by your 4 digit PIN
- you will then be asked to Agree to terms and conditions
- the front page of the Borrowbox app will now show, you can start downloading straightaway
- the app should stay logged in all the time
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if this does not work.
- you can also use the web version of Borrowbox which looks identical to the version found on tablets and phones - see the Borrowbox instructions for ebooks and eaudiobooks
- enter your library card number with any letters and without spaces, and 4 digit PIN then click ‘Sign in’
- Borrowbox will now be available to use
You will need a Kobo or Nook or other account, depending on which eReader you have.
- plug your eReader into your computer
- install the Adobe Digital Editions program on your computer and authorise it with an Adobe ID, using your email address
- go to the Borrowbox website (not the app), sign in with your library account and PIN, and choose and borrow an eBook.
- click on Download Now which will download the eBook to your computer.
- the file name will end ‘.epub’
- find the eBook you’ve downloaded on your computer. If
- open the eBook in Adobe Digital Editions
- the first time you do this Adobe Digital Editions will prompt you to enter your Adobe account details. If you don’t have an Adobe account, follow the link to set one up
- enter your Adobe account details
- your eReader will appear under the ‘Device’ heading. Drag and drop your eBook to copy it on to your eReader