Early years providers and schools can apply for additional funding for children aged 2, 3 and 4 years who have additional needs and/or disabilities. They should be early education funded or age eligible for EEF.
To find out more about the eligibility criteria, application process and the Inclusion Fund rates please see Eligibility Criteria for the EY Inclusion and High Needs Funding.
- Inclusion Fund application form
- Inclusion Fund Specialist Equipment application form
- Inclusion Fund flowchart
A panel meets twice per term to go through the applications received for the Inclusion Fund and will contact childcare settings and Schools afterwards to inform them of the panel decision.
Children who live in Solihull, who are undergoing an EHCP assessment or have a Solihull EHC plan, will automatically be funded at Level 2 and settings / schools do not need to submit an application to the Inclusion Fund Panel to receive this funding.
The panel will require the following;
- 1. Please only send in the required documents:
- a) Inclusion Fund Application Form
- b) Reviewed Action Plans - this must include targets linked to the child’s needs and outcomes from the additional support. This outlines the graduated approach.
- You can send reports from referrals to specialists if you feel this supports your application.
- 2. All applications for Inclusion Fund 2 must be agreed by a specialist from the Early Years Team or SISS. The above evidence must still be included in applications.
- 3. All applications should be sent electronically to eysendfundingApp@solihull.gov.uk to individual members of the team.
- 4. To process applications for equipment funding quickly please include information/advice from a specialist teacher to support the request.
- 5. Solihull LA will request a monitoring form is completed every year to follow up spend and impact of EYIF on approved children.
- 6. As outlined in the Eligibility Criteria for the EY Inclusion and High Needs Funding, Inclusion funding levels 1 and 2 are available to all children in a Solihull setting regardless of where they live.
Settings with children receiving Early Years Inclusion Funding; do not need to reapply for funding each term. Inclusion Fund will remain with the child until they enter school reception or until they no longer need it.
Where funded children move setting, early years funding moves with them. Nurseries should ensure that the new setting is given all relevant information, including plans with outcomes, and the Family Information Service should be informed.
Further information and support is available at our our Early Years and Childcare pages at Solgrid.
Inclusion Fund Panel Dates 2023/24
|Cut off date for applications (5.00pm)
|Thursday 19 October 2023
|Thursday 12 October 2023
|Thursday 14 December 2023
|Thursday 7 December 2023
|Thursday 8 February 2024
|Thursday 1 February 2024
|Thursday 21 March 2024
|Thursday 14 March 2024
|Thursday 23 May 2024
|Thursday 16 May 2024
|Thursday 11 July 2024
|Thursday 4 July 2024
Applications and additional information will not be accepted after the cut off date.