Early Years providers and Schools can apply for additional funding for children aged 2, 3 and 4 years who have additional needs and/or disabilities.
To find out more about the eligibility criteria, application process and the Inclusion Fund rates please see Eligibility Criteria for the EY Inclusion and High Needs Funding.
- Inclusion Fund application form
- Inclusion Fund Specialist Equipment application form
- Inclusion Fund flowchart
A panel meets twice per term to go through the applications received for the Inclusion Fund and will contact childcare settings and Schools afterwards to inform them of the panels decision.
Children who live in Solihull who are undergoing an EHCP assessment or have a Solihull EHC plan will automatically be funded at Level 2 and settings / schools do not need to submit an application to the Inclusion Fund Panel to receive this funding. For children who live out of borough we will need to receive evidence from that local authority that the child is undergoing EHC assessment for us to fund them at Level 2 as we are not automatically notified.
The panel will require the following;
- 1. Please only send in the required documents:
- a) Inclusion Fund Application Form
- b) Supporting Evidence
- c) Reviewed Action Plan - this must include objectives linked to the child’s needs and outcomes from the additional support.
- 2. All applications for Inclusion Fund 2 must be signed by a specialist teacher from the Early Years Team. The above evidence must still be included in applications.
- 3. All applications should be sent electronically to EYSENDFundingApp@solihull.gov.uk and not to individual members of staff.
- 4. To process applications for equipment funding quickly please include information/advice from a specialist teacher to support the request.
- 5. Monitoring arrangements and collating information about impact measures will be agreed and shared annually.
- 6. As outlined in the Eligibility Criteria for the EY Inclusion and High Needs Funding, Inclusion Funding levels 1 and 2 is available to all children in a Solihull setting regardless of where they live. The DfE has issued guidance on this to all LAs.
Settings with children receiving Early Years Inclusion Funding, do not need to reapply for funding each term. Inclusion Fund Level 1 will remain with the child until they enter school reception. Level 2 High Needs funding for 2 to 4 years olds will be monitored by the LA and payment continue unless the child’s level of need/support changes.
Where funded children move setting, Early Years funding moves with them. Nurseries should ensure that the new setting is given all the relevant information, including plans with outcomes, and the Family Information Service should be informed.
Inclusion Fund Panel Dates 2022/23
|Date||Cut off date for applications (5.00pm)|
|Thursday 20 October 2022||Thursday 13 October 2022|
|Thursday 15 December 2022||Thursday 8 December 2022|
|Thursday 9 February 2023||Thursday 2 February 2023|
|Thursday 30 March 2023||Thursday 23 March 2023|
|Thursday 25 May 2023||Thursday 18 May 2023|
|Thursday 13 July 2023||Thursday 6 July 2023|