Flood event

It's important to know what action Solihull Council and you can take during and after the event of a flood.

The following online form has been created to allow those affected by the flood event to let us know how they were impacted.

Solihull flood event

Any photographs of the event should be sent to drainage@solihull.gov.uk.

My property has experienced damage, what do I need to do?

Our Resilience Team have a dedicated webpage that provides advice on how those affected by flooding can recover after an event. The webpage gives important advice about health, food hygiene, gas and electrical safety and insurance.

There is also information on Severn Trent’s website regarding sewer flooding.

Who can I claim off for damage caused to my property?

Our Resilience Team have a dedicated webpage that provides insurance advice following a flood. Essentially, you are advised to:

  • contact your insurance company at the earliest opportunity and follow their instructions to progress a claim
  • make an inventory of damaged items including photographs and descriptions
  • do not throw anything away until your insurance company has assessed the claim and confirmed you can do so
  • keep a record of all telephone conversations made including the agent you spoke to, time, date and the advice given
  • keep a record (including receipts) of all money spent as a result of the disruption

For impartial information and advice on insurance and making a claim, we recommend visiting the Association of British Insurers, the British Insurance Brokers’ Association and the Money Advice Service.

What other information and advice can you give me?

The National Flood Forum provides really good advice on health and safety, coping with the aftermath of a flood, distractions, opportunists and rogue traders, insurance and flood products. The National Flood Forum can be contacted on 01299 403 055.